East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue is always accepting applications for volunteers! Volunteer firefighters can earn a pension through the Board of Volunteer Firefighters and Reserve Officers and paid call and training stipend.
EGHFR has the following opportunities available for volunteering:
- Traditional On Call from Home Volunteers
- Resident Shift Volunteers (these volunteers reside out of district and do 3-12 hour shifts a month)
- EMS Responders – Training available
- Firefighter/EMS – Training available
Volunteer positions with East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue can be from the already experienced EMT, Firefighter, Emergency Responder or it can be for the person that has no experience at all. Volunteers are a core part of EGHFR.
EGHFR Volunteer Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to pass General Knowledge exam
- Meet minimum training and response requirements
- Live within 45 minutes of EGHFR
Email completed applications to: temporarily unavailable at this time.
Return completed application in person to:
East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue Headquarters
112 N 2nd St
Elma, WA 98541