CPR for Healthcare Professionals
The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
BLS is geared towards prehospital providers, in-facility hospital providers or any licensed healthcare professional. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years.
*Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
Approximately 4-5 hours
Public Class – $75.00
Current Course Availability
Saturday, March 11th, 2023 at 10:00am- Initial or Renewal
Location at East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue Headquarters
112 N 2nd St. Elma, WA 98541
For more information contact East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue at 360-482-3143 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.