East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue is an all services local fire department agency providing and not limited to the services listed below:
- Fire Protection Services, Residential, Commercial and Property
- Emergency Medical Services – On call 911 services for East Grays Harbor County.
- Inter-Facility Medical Transports (transports from Local Hospitals to other care facilities)
- EMS Event Standby (Car Races, Motorcycle events, Rodeo and Fairground events)
- Rescue – EGHFR continues to do ongoing training in all types of rescue
- Motor Vehicle Collision response, and extrication. EGHFR handles one of the largest and fastest (speed) roadways in the county responding to accidents for extrication and injuries.
East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue headquarters is located within the City of Elma at 112 N 2nd Street in Elma, Washington.
EGHFR provides Emergency Medical Response and Transport along with Fire and Rescue Services to the communities of Bush Creek, Rural Elma, Malone, Porter, and Satsop in East Grays Harbor County. EGHFR is also the contract provider for EMS services including Basic and Paramedic level services to the City of McCleary and Grays Harbor Fire District 12.
City Of Elma Fire and Grays Harbor Fire District 5 Annexation
On April 6, 2020, the City of Elma Council voted unanimously to pass a city ordinance to submit to the voters a ballot measure to annex into and become part of Grays Harbor Fire District 5. On April 7, 2020, Fire District 5 commission voted unanimously in favor of a concurrent resolution to submit to the voters a ballot measure to annex the city of Elma into and become part of Grays Harbor Fire District 5.
The City of Elma has several agreements in place with the Fire District. First is a contract to provide Emergency Medical Services to the city. Second, is an Interlocal Agreement for Joint occupancy and operation of the Elma Fire station, and finally, they have an automatic aid agreement for all fire and rescue calls helping provide a safer and more efficient firefighting force to serve the community of the city and the district. The annexation would combine to the fire agencies together eliminating the need for multiple contracts and agreements. On January 1st, 2022 the two departments officially became one as East Grays Harbor Fire and Rescue.